|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is a global infrastructure, environmental and social development company delivering solutions to our clients across a diverse range of sectors including water, environment, transport, buildings, mining & resources, utilities and defence.
We currently have a newly created role for an experienced Financial Controller that could be based at any of our East Coast offices (Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne). Reporting to the APAC Finance Director, you will provide financial leadership across the APAC region on producing consolidated financial information and maintaining balance sheet integrity. A strong element of this role will be driving a strategic focus on working capital management and financial insights to deliver improvements to both performance and processes.
With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of accountants (5) based both nationally and overseas
- Maintain Balance Sheets across all legal entities within APAC region
- Ensure Fixed asset registers are maintained properly by accountants including updating disposals and additions
- Managing the cash flow across APAC region including working with various departments to produce cash flow forecast
- Improvement with processes around working capital items
- Owner of the APAC finance month end timetable ensuring all changes (including reporting requirements) have been communicated across finance team and relevant business stakeholders
- Consolidation of APAC monthly financial reporting packs required for Group and APAC leadership team
- Produce STI dashboards across APAC
- APAC conduit to Group Finance on all Group Finance matters including financial audits, treasury and taxation matters
- Managing Global Management requirement policies across APAC ensuring all risk registers are kept up to date
- Producing ad-hoc financial analysis across APAC
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or other work-related degree or equivalent in experience
- CPA or CA qualified
- Minimum ten years' related accounting experience in similar roles in a corporate setting
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to lead virtual teams
- A focus on continuous improvement to manage and drive change
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong client-focused approach
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.