|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity to join our team of high voltage transmission experts
- Competitive salary and great company benefits
- Multiple roles - 2 year fixed term contract based in Ultimo
We have exciting opportunities to join TransGrid’s high voltage transmission Network Planning team. Do you want to be part of the transformation of the Australian energy system? Do you like studying complex networks and finding the optimal solution for the connection of the next major renewable generation project? Do you want to plan the next generation of high voltage transmission network? If you do then read on!
As part of the TransGrid team you will take a leading role in the connection of renewable generation to the high voltage transmission network. You will undertake modelling, analysis, and provision of recommendations for high voltage transmission system developments to ensure TransGrid’s strategies and objectives are met. This includes authoring or reviewing robust technical reports, developing network models, documenting sound forecasts and streamlining efficient planning processes.
This role also encompasses the development and implementation of power systems strategies and plans for longer term network developments, work closely with other network service providers and assess the feasibility of new technology to optimise cost, risk and performance.
As a Power System Planning Engineer you will:
- Provide expert technical advice and analysis to stakeholders
- Use, manage and provide support for advanced modelling software including PowerFactory, PSCAD, PSS/E
- Author or review concise and clear reports including reference documentation and provides presentations to stakeholders
- Provide management with timely and accurate briefings
- Drive the review of planning processes, policies and guidelines to achieve improved team performance
- Lead options analysis and document network and non-network solutions for transmission system issues both technically and commercially
- Lead the development and documentation of technical analysis methodologies and model development
- Manage planning and system data to support analysis
- Develop and review scripts or applications in the Python language
- Keep abreast of changes in the National Electricity Market and relevant legislation and its impact on operations of the NSW HV network and TransGrid’s business
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Extensive experience in the analysis and development of electricity transmission systems
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Substantial experience in the legislation and technical standards guiding system planning
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management
- Extensive knowledge of national and international planning standards and practices
- Excellent knowledge of electrical networks engineering and operations
- Well-developed people and service management skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Skills and performance in change management
- Proven knowledge of the National Electricity Market and its impact on operations of the NSW HV network and TransGrid’s business
- Knowledge of the energy industry
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close on Thursday, 28 January 2021
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.