|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for helping Microsoft’s clients defend themselves against targeted exploitation? Are you interested in being intimately involved in the latest, cutting edge developments in the security industry and having a direct impact on the security of all Microsoft customers? Do you want to be on the front lines of helping our customers go toe-to-toe against advanced adversaries? Are you interested in a fast-paced job full of new opportunities? If so, you might be a candidate for the Microsoft’s Detection and Response Team (DART). The team is looking for a strong, experienced Windows Infrastructure (deployment) consultant/engineer to join our client-facing response team. Ideal candidates possess some of the following skills:
This role will work as part of a collaborative team assisting our top customers with:
- Deploying advanced Windows client security technologies such as LAPS, OOADS/ADSA and other Windows security features
- Deploying forensic software and tools
- Working as an Active Directory subject matter expert, to encompass migration, management, security, and deployment
- Troubleshooting, design and implementation experience across the Microsoft Server stack
- Performing knowledge transfer to prepare customers to defend against today’s threat landscape
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- BS Computer Science / Engineering or comparable experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with the team in a customer environment
- Proven knowledge of security fundamentals across Microsoft platforms (Client, Server, Cloud)
- Experience deploying advanced Windows client security technologies
- Proven and advanced scripting experience with PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Azure cloud services
- Strong familiarity with Office365 migration and management
- Advanced understanding of Windows authentication mechanisms and supporting technologies such as ADFS.
Experience with understanding and troubleshooting Hybrid Identity Including Active Directory, Azure AD and technologies such as Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Password Protection
Knowledge of Cyversecurity centred on understanding Azure AD Logging, Risk Events, Multi Factor Authentication, Defender for Identity, Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Defender for Azure (formally), etc
General security knowledge of common attack vectors and tools such as Pass the Hash, Golden Ticket and ransomware
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Consulting background
- 3 years experience with Active Directory, SCCM, and/or Microsoft platforms technologies
- Active Directory subject matter expertise
- Microsoft Azure and/or Office 365 platform knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in helping enterprises manage vulnerabilities, measure security and ensure compliance
- Demonstrate knowledge of identifying risk and articulating that risk clearly and subsequent strategies to mitigate that risk
- Ability to work independently and perform rapid solution engineering and architecture under time constrained conditions with limited support
- Experience generating written reports documenting customer’s environment and engagement findings
- Familiarity with Log Analytics and Windows Defender ATP Advanced Analysis queries
- A desire to learn and grow, as well as a desire to help others do so
- Knowledge of third-party cybersecurity solutions
- CISSP certification or similar
If you are looking for a role that will allow you to use your knowledge and passion to strengthen the security posture of customers, you will have a bright future within our Microsoft’s Cybersecurity Detection and Response Team (DART).
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Short notice travel globally will likely be as 50-75% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.