|Job Type:||Full Time|
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Seamgas Maintenance Planner/Scheduler – Moranbah North Mine
Do you want to be a part of an innovative multi-year award winning mine? Moranbah North is a dynamic world-class operation that strives for innovation and continuous improvement. Be a part of a high performing team that established digital work orders for the business. The Seamgas Department are responsible for the management of surface gas drainage activities across the Moranbah North Mine.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating safe, quality maintenance plans in collaboration with the broader Seamgas team
- Workflow management will be a focus of this role to monitor completion of work activities and evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance plans and delivered to a high standard.
- Planning, scheduling the maintenance of gas plant and equipment to ensure efficient utilisation of labour, parts, and equipment resources to ensure the achievement of planned equipment availability.
- Develop and maintain plant and equipment schedules in a timely manner and review and report on actual work completed with recommendations for appropriate corrective action.
- Provide clearly structured cost-effective plans, to deliver weekly schedules that minimise downtime and utilises labour.
- Maintain maintenance reports, records and work procedures, including histories, drawings and inspection sheets, ensuring information is accurate, user-friendly and available on request.
To be successful in this position you will be:
- Trade qualified, preferably with a mechanical background
- Experienced in maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Extensive knowledge of mining operations
- Proficiency in SAP is highly desired.
- Highly motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
What we offer
This is a Monday to Friday position, based in Moranbah, QLD. Choose from subsidised accommodation and relocation assistance.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Sunday 31 January 2021