|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three divisions: the leading integrated construction materials business of Boral Australia; USG Boral, a plasterboard joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a building products and fly ash business. Employing more than 23,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span 783 operating and distribution sites in 17 countries.
Boral Asphalt has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracting Supervisor to join our Asphalt team in the Newcastle area. In this role you will be responsible for supervising contracting crews for our Asphalt Business, whilst maximising the profit and financial performance through safe, effective and efficient supervision.
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring that the placement of asphalt is completed within the contract timeframes and to a level of satisfaction that is acceptable to clients' specified requirements and within Boral's resource constraints
- Manage and improve safety and environmental performance on the site
- Plan site activities
- Liaise with clients & members of the public
- Effectively manage business assets
- Carry out job inspections prior to establishing on site
- Manage on site activities including those performed by subcontractors
- Complete daily job risk assessment, daily job reports and site records
Skills and experience:
- Self motivation, with the ability to work unsupervised (essential)
- Minimum five years’ experience in site supervision
- Strong safety focus with a sound contracting background
- Experience in both seal and asphalt work
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with all people and to lead and influence people
- Personal drive and results-orientated
The nature of our work provides opportunities to work overtime, weekends, shiftwork and away from home work. We offer employment stability, ongoing training and development and genuine career opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
If you are interested in this position please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.