|Job Type:||Full Time|
Operations Manager, Melbourne LDC
The Operations Manager role exists to ensure optimal DC operational performance across the key pillars of safety, service, people and value to create a world class supply chain that is described as the best and safest place to work.
This is an exciting time to join the Primary Connect leadership team as we embark upon a transformational journey!
- Seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual
- Effectively lead your team
- Meet safety, operational, people, customer and financial performance expectations
About The Role
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the operation to ensure delivery in full, on time and error free and providing leadership to the operations.
Additional responsibilities will include, however not be limited to:
- Promote safety values and implement safety, health and environment policies and systems to embed safety into the culture and ways of working
- Lead business, operational and special event planning
- Manage and monitor operational KPI’s to ensure resource planning is within budget and meets volume forecasts
- Build a high performance team through clearly defined objectives, development plans, open and transparent communication
- Ensure consistent practices exist within the DC and across the Supply Chain network
- Drive engagement at all levels of the business, facilitate the sharing of ideas in a way that supports achievement of key measures and drives continuous improvement
- Liaise with key contacts for Food & Endeavour Drinks Groups (as applicable) to both seek and provide feedback and identify opportunities for the DC to continuously improve service
- Manage 3PL’s to ensure service levels and cost are optimised
- Ensure the continual review, improvement and maintenance of operational activities to drive efficiency, service, safety, engagement and value within the DC operation
- Drive accountability within the business, ensure that the elements of Supply Chain culture are embedded at all levels
- Sponsor and lead change initiatives within the DC, including partnering with support functions throughout Supply Chain and other business units in the Woolworths Group
- Promote succession and development planning at all levels of the business through clearly defined recruitment procedures, open and transparent communication, feedback to team members and relief opportunities.
To be successful you will possess experience and success in a similar role, together with the following capabilities and experience:
- Operational leadership experience
- People leadership experience
- Experienced at leading and implementing change
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or lean processing principles
- Knowledge of relevant OH&S, IR, ER and RTW legislation
- Incident investigation experience (ICAM preferred)
- Extensive experience in FMCG, Distribution, retail, leadership
- Desirable, formal qualifications in business or supply chain operations
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.