- Permanent role
- Join a culturally diverse team
- Melbourne based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
We are seeking passionate salespeople to become Sales Consultants in our Melbourne inbound sales team.
Our Sales Consultants play a significant role in growing Origin's customer base by demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and passion when actively promoting our products.
What's in it for you?
In addition to your first career step and a defined career path in the energy sector, Origin Energy will provide you with:
- Permanent full time (38 hours) with guaranteed stable hours
- Rotating Roster across the hours of 7am – 10pm Monday to Friday + some Saturdays between 8.30am and 5.30pm
- Initial 4 weeks paid full time training conducted during business hours plus 8 weeks in a supported nurtured on the job environment, ensuring a varied and supported learning experience that's interactive and hands on
- A safe work environment - In this role you will initially work from your home however, when it is safe to do so, the business will ask that you transition to working from our newly refurbished office at 321 Exhibition St, Melbourne
Is This You?
Our inbound sales team is a diverse workplace, to be successful in joining the Origin team you will be:
- Passionate about delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- A strong communicator with the ability to persuade and influence customers
- Able to adapt and respond to a changing environment
- Able to adhere to Origin principles and values and follow instructions and procedures
- Thrive in a structured, fast paced and busy customer sales focused environment
- Calm and professional while dealing with, at times, frustrated customers
- Experienced in retail sales, call centre sales or hospitality sales role (demonstrated longevity)
Applications close 30th January 2021, but please note we will be conducting interviews as we deem candidates suitable.
If you are successful you must be available to commence on Monday March 1st 2021.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin's Retail business is Australia’s leading energy retailer, we provide 4.2 million customers with a range of energy products, services and solutions to keep our homes, businesses and communities going.
As we continue to build a simpler, smarter and more engaging business for the future, we’re looking for people who are passionate, curious and customer focused. People who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering for customers and more affordable energy.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy.
For more information contact: Chloe O'Brien - . , quote Requisition ID: 77729
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au