|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is currently seeking an experienced Senior full-stack MS BI Developer, preferably holding the relevant Microsoft certifications(s), to join our small but growing team. Based in Brisbane, the role will be tasked with developing, supporting and enhancing BI solutions to enable Laing O’Rourke to unlock insights into its data assets
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Team Lead, this role will be responsible for all aspects of BI solution delivery including:
- Understand and document detailed business requirements
- Solution design, including data profiling, data modelling and prototyping
- Solution development, including ETL development, data modelling and cube development (SSAS), in-line with our patterns, as well as Power BI (and occasionally SSRS) development.
- Security, deployment, and governance
- Maintain and enhance the data warehouse and all BI solutions.
- Polished written and exceptional verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with all levels of the business to understand business requirements
- A proven ability to maintain high ethical standards and be able to uphold confidentiality
- The ability to quickly build strong relationships with decision makers from senior executives down, and to be seen as a trusted advisor
- Excellent client-facing and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate extensive, real-world development experience in all levels of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including the SQL Server data platform, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and PowerBI.
- Excellent MS SQL Server development skills using T-SQL
- Deep understanding of data warehouse principals and experience in developing and implementing a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI platform
Additionally, the following attributes/experience would be highly desirable:
- Experience working with Financial data and developing Financial reports
- Exposure to data integration using APIs
- Work experience with Azure technologies and services (ADF, Data Lake, Databricks)
- IT Project Management
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.