- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Key Operational Position
- Townsville based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This permanent opportunity is to join the Energy Markets division based at the Townsville LPG terminal. Working closely with the Terminal Manager, you'll be responsible for the effective and safe delivery of LPG products to Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural customers. With a focus on safety and OH&S compliance, you will ensure that Origin is meeting needs of our customers across the region. As the Leading Hand Driver you will be jointly responsible for overseeing and mentoring the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading daily prestart toolbox
- Delivery of LPG to commercial and domestic customers by LPG tanker
- General maintenance and cleaning duties in the terminal
- Loading and unloading of trucks and refilling gas cylinders
- Participation in safety activities including HSE meetings, observations, emergency response, incident reporting and audits
- Load and/or unload LPG tankers and cylinder trucks (where required) both within and outside of the Terminal
- Ensure that daily paperwork, checklists and JPMs/work diaries are reviewed and filed at the completion of each shift
- Undertake and complete daily / weekly / monthly checks of assigned delivery vehicles and complete appropriate checklists in accordance with Origin Energy Operational Procedures
- Assist in coordinating regular and timely servicing and repairs of assigned LPG delivery vehicles
To be considered for this role, you will have leadership experience working in a logistics environment and hold the following licences:
- A Medium Rigid Licence is required for this role (HR Preferred)
- A Dangerous Goods licence is required
- A forklift ticket would be highly advantageous
- Experience managing teams and delegating work highly regarded
- Experience adhering to health and safety requirements
- Motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Good customer service skills
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete a full medical, including drug and alcohol testing.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 77745
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au