- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Key Operational Position
- Alice Springs based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customer accounts we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Alice Springs Terminal Team in a key operational role that will see you drive strong and effective leadership and management of the on site staff including drivers. Reporting to the NT Terminals Manager, you’ll be responsible for
- Delivering site specific objectives which form part of delivering the wider LPG strategy.
- Being accountable for ensuring that site can demonstrate a Safe, Well Maintained & Compliant Terminal and Fleet
- Driving Business Improvement – Growth – Financial – Safety – Risk & Assurance – Engagement.
- Acting as a fulcrum for maintaining compliance including MHF facilities and Petroleum & Gas Safety and Production Act
- Participating in the development of a 5yr plan for the Terminal Maintenance / Upgrades / Capital
- Maintaining compliance with Internal and External Audit, License & Regulatory Bodies
- Managing and controlling scheduled shut downs and throughput issues – people, planning and organisation.
- Maintaining strong customer focus both external and internal, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Managing the day to day measurement and monthly loss/gain performance issues, while strictly adhering to the Quality Improvement Process
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be a strong leader with experience supervising staff in a similarly fast paced safety focused environment. You must also hold a minimum of Engineering / Tafe – Trade qualifications in Gas n(min Vert IV) or similar related industry such as plumbing/gas fitter or electrical. You will also need to hold licenses including a Semi Tuck Driving license and up to date DG certification.
To be shortlisted you will need:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a terminal / distribution site
- Must have excellent people skills and be able to inspire people to have the desire to deliver results
- Experience in contractor Management – Day to Day
- Oil & Gas terminal management experience which is demonstrable by results / outcomes.
- A demonstrable understanding of managing budgets, through to the desired outcomes.
- Good Understanding of gas or fuel logistics and transport principles and land transport legislation
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 77712
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au