|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Membership group provides a broad range of services to Fund members, with the goal of positively engaging, educating, growing and retaining our membership. In this team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who consistently deliver with integrity and energy. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
Reporting to the Compliance and Technical Manager, the Compliance Specialist is a key member of AustralianSuper's 1st line Risk and Compliance team for Membership, sitting across Advice and Education, Business Growth (Employers & Stakeholders) and Marketing.
This is a hands-on role that requires expertise and knowledge of financial advice and financial services as delivered through a superannuation fund. A background in general advice and relation legislation as provided through marketing materials, mass communications, education and in person (via appointed representatives), would be highly regarded.
The role will be responsible for overseeing adherence to the Membership Group's regulatory obligations and working closely with senior management to ensure the appropriate governance and processes are in place. This will include the development and maintenance of relevant frameworks, policies, standards and procedures.
Some key responsibilities of the role:
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop compliant and technically accurate marketing and educational materials for various audiences (members, employers and external advisers)
- Review materials and programs across all Membership departments to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and regulations
- Working with colleagues across the Fund to review, and where necessary, monitor and audit the provision of personal and general Financial Product Advice to ensure that it provided in accordance with the Fund's regulatory obligations and Trustee duties, and the relevant governance frameworks.
- Work with the Senior Manager Governance and Accountability Membership, and the Compliance and Technical manager to develop and implement appropriate systems and processes to address and comply with new regulation
- Provide appropriate education and training (where relevant for the provision of General and Personal Advice),
- Provide ad hoc technical support on a range of matters with particularly focus on superannuation, financial services law and associated areas such as social security, employment (in respect of superannuation), taxation and estate planning.
What you'll need
- 3+ years' proven experience in financial services compliance and an understanding of financial products and business processes
- RG 146 competent with ongoing CPD to support
- Strong experience with and understanding of compliance regulations
- Strong knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks
- To be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- High level of personal integrity as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- To be commercially astute
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the Fund
What you will get in return
You will be working with a manager who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first. Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (8 years running) and to be recognised as one of Australia's top 10 workplaces for Dads.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.