|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Account Manager in the Victorian Public Sector team reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Public Sector Sales & Operations in Victoria. This role will be leading our overall customer engagement into the Victorian State Government including leading some of our largest and most strategic customer relationships within the entire territory.
- Ensure customer satisfaction milestones.
- Ability to build relationships at most levels within an organization with strong C-level engagement experience.
- It is expected that the account manager will develop strong account and territory plans.
- Strong operational competence – the account manager should be comfortable with business data analysis and interpretation when it comes to using this data analysis as part of the sales and business development process.
- The candidate will be enthusiastic, with high activity levels and a strong willingness to get things done no matter the obstacle.
- You will have a go-getter attitude with a strong sense of urgency- you are skilled at building positive customer rapport and at using the resources and support around them to drive success.
Crafting demand for Cisco Solutions and driving business relevance within the customer and partner key decision makers.
Contribute toward and execute against the sales strategy, leading and developing key client relationships to maximise Cisco's wallet-share and profitability.
Working towards exceeding assigned quota goals as well as hitting personal targets, contributing to overall deal profitability through discount management, success and positive image of Cisco in the marketplace.
Be able to work with the necessary Cisco approved partners managing regular meetings to ensure strong pipeline creation and business development.
Key responsibilities & duties:
Formulate and Implement the sales plan for your territory to ensure sales targets are quarterly and annually met and sustain business growth YoY. Understand the client & business needs and challenges. You will handle outcome-based client relationships with the client.
Collaborate with key Cisco extended team resources (Advanced Services, Sales Engineering, Sales Specialist teams, Product Business Units, System Engineers, Legal, Finance, Capital and Channel partner teams) and direct activities with the client.
Attain and maintain an up to-date knowledge of Cisco products, services and value proposition
Over time, work towards maintaining a high-profile, professional Cisco presence through business value creation and solutions oriented selling.
Lead and deliver accurate/meaningful short and long terms sales forecasts and pipeline, in line with business objectives. Team focused and able to collaborate with local, regional and corporate teams in a large cross-functional organisation.
Key skills and experience:
- 7+ years’ experience selling to customers with consistent track record in direct or partner based sales structures. Successful career sales achievements is expected.
- Experience in positioning complex sales solutions to customers or partners to drive the required customer business outcome.
- A self-motivator with the ability to learn and position technology/solution plays in view of driving the appropriate engagements with customers with clear business benefits in sight.
- Highly motivated with a hunting spirit and excited about direct selling to develop new opportunities and grow business in multiple technology dimensions.
- Confirmed ability to respond and handle challenges in a fast moving business environment.
- A good listener and someone who is able to think outside the box to contribute creatively towards building solid business pipeline and driving sustainable business.
- An education qualification of Bachelor degree from a reputed university would be favorable. An understanding of the Cloud business model and market place would be preferable. Experience in selling to or working directly in the public sector would be an advantage.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.