|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia's premier economic consultancy. We offer a suite of economic and policy advisory services to clients across government and the private and not-for-profit sectors, and pride ourselves on providing the highest calibre analysis and advice. We assist clients across Australia and the Asia Pacific region and work across a wide range of sectors.
This role will be in the Macroeconomic Policy and Forecasting team of Deloitte Access Economics. For decades the team has produced reliable and accurate forecasts for government and non-government clients, who value the rigorous quantitative analysis that supports the economic advice we deliver.
Economic modelling forms the backbone for most of our work, including policy advice, research and analysis, or generating specific forecasts for our clients. We maintain a number of proprietary in-house economic models, which are supplemented by a wide range of specialised models tailored for individual client needs. Economic modelling allows clients to understand the complex economic interactions that result from changes in the business and economic environment, and to keep abreast of the key drivers that affect their business.
We are looking for an Associate Director to focus on labour market, demographic and skills analysis. The work will involve the provision of advice to inform policy development, corporate strategy and large transaction due diligence. As an Associate Director you will:
- Lead project teams of 3-10 staff to solve bespoke client issues related to labour market economics
- Identify future work opportunities by actively promoting Deloitte Access Economics' labour market capabilities in the market
- Develop a personal brand and network
- Mentor and support junior staff
- Support the maintenance and future development of key labour market models
The successful applicant will be based in either the Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney office. That said, we encourage flexible working arrangements and will seek to accommodate your preferred style of working.
What will your typical day look like?
In a typical day you will meet with your respective project teams to gauge progress on the projects that you're leading. You will also meet with current or potential clients, support on proposals or thought leadership and undertake labour market analysis using our labour market models.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Have a passion for economics and its ability to make a positive impact that matters to society
- Are an experienced labour market economist with a background in empirical analysis, economic modelling and forecasting.
- Have a good understanding of the policy development process within government
- Are a business developer and have good relationships across government or the corporate sector.
- Formal qualifications in economics with a preference for honours or post graduate level
- Substantial experience as a professional economist.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.