|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
This role is a key part of the Milford Road Alliance. The Alliance is a combination of both NZ Transport Agency and Downer NZ staff based in Te Anau whose sole focus is the Milford road. This includes routine and cyclic works, emergency works, the avalanche control programme, winter road maintenance, the Homer tunnel and incident response.
Our Maintenance Manager will be a Downer employee but dedicated to work within the Alliance team to aid in the effective maintenance and management of 120km of State Highway 94 (The Milford Road), from Te Anau to Milford Sound with much of the route inside the Fiordland National park. Working in Fiordland with its extremes of weather and terrain is challenging - hence the focus on the Milford Road only.
About the role
Our Maintenance Manager will form part of the Alliances Management team (AMT) and perform a rostered duty manager rotation and will be responsible for:
- Oversight and delivery of all planned maintenance, construction and emergency works, on-road winter maintenance needs and closely support the Avalanche Control and Tunnel programmes
- Management of the operations team and a number of small subcontractors, to deliver winter maintenance needs (snow clearing, avalanche debris removal, de-icing), carriageway & cyclic maintenance (preseals, digouts, levelling, potholes, signage, mowing etc), emergency repairs and renewals
- Delivery of related project/upgrade work when required
You will need to excel at managing work crews, where you will focus on workforce development and creating effective operational structures to ultimately develop a strong and motivated team. You will have an aptitude for planning and execution with safety, quality and productivity in mind, and be able to manage the team to achieve superior results in these key areas.
It almost goes without saying that you’ll couple this with:
- Proven experience in delivering results in maintenance and operations services
- Exposure at working in a leadership team level role internally and with customers
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture
- High levels of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to get the best out of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a small team environment & remote location
- Holding a tertiary qualification or equivalent in engineering or business management or equivalent experience
So what’s in it for me?
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
This is the perfect position for a young engineer ready to move into a management position so it that sounds like you, then apply now! Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and use reference number 574241.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.