At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Join WAIO a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At WAIO we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play. Please note this position is based in Port Hedland and is available on a FIFO or Residential basis.
- Are you action orientated and like to be challenged?
- Someone who likes to problem solve and influence key decisions?
- Does working collaboratively in a team, to help identify emerging trends and spot opportunities interest you?
- Do you like to be coached and invested in, so that you develop as a business professional?
- Then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Working with the Finance Manager to support the Port Operations:
- Work collaboratively with operations to drive performance and deliver insights by deeply understanding cost and value drivers.
- Engage with operational teams to identify, advise and evaluate productivity and value creation initiatives.
- Coach and build business acumen with key stakeholders in financial knowledge and the use of information systems to determine cost and budget outcomes and to improve understanding of financial implications of decision-making.
- Support Continuous Improvement throughout the operation with a commitment to timely valuation of business cases ensuring that improvement efforts are focused on the things that matter most.
- Actively participate and support the roll out of BHP Operating System (BOS) by validating and optimising initiatives.
- Embed finance routines with operations while providing coaching and development opportunities to improve site financial acumen.
- Provision of healthy tension to ensure targets are achieved and wastage is address.
- Assist the team with ad-hoc analysis, provide insights and provide feedback and coaching to improve quality and standard of team deliverables.
- Ensure optimised Capital Investment.
- Provide financial governance to the operations, ensuring the appropriate treatment of operating and capital expenditure as well as ensuring assets are capitalised in a timely manner.
Skills and Other Qualifications
Successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Gather and analyse data to develop and test hypotheses (demonstrated strong problem solving skills).
- Successfully communicate recommendations and win customers buy-in, both verbally and via presentation tools.
- Efficiently plan and manage both day-to-day tasks and project work, whilst meeting deadlines.
- Professional with +5yrs of experience in resources, manufacturing, finance business partnership, consulting or engineering.
- Degree qualified; Commerce/Business or Engineering preferred, but not mandatory.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.