At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
About the Role:
We are seeking a suitable candidate who models our values and company purpose to fulfil the role of an Integrity Engineer. Supporting the existing Senior Integrity Engineer, you will be a contributing member of the Integrity Team and work closely with stakeholders and customers.
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- Family friendly roster 5 days on/2 days off – Flexible / Part time hours will also be considered
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
In this role you will ideally be able to:
- Consistently focus on safety and;
- Keep track of the completion of all scheduled pressure equipment inspections.
- Conduct audits on the quality of pressure equipment inspections and the planning data to which they are scheduled and executed to.
- Conduct Root cause analysis of corrosion and damaged sustained during operation and make recommendations to prevent issues arising again.
- Review all inspection and NDT activities conducted onsite. Develop further recommendations based on their results.
- Develop repair plans and scopes of work to classified and non-classified pressure equipment.
- Design and implement upgrades and modifications to process equipment.
- Conducting fitness for service assessments on pressure equipment and tanks.
- Be responsible for the safety relief devices (assessment of calibration results and upgrades
We have a strong focus to find candidates that model and symbolise our values and company purpose.
We are currently operating at record-breaking production rates and we continue to do this by finding people that have a real passion for improvement and achievement. We seek candidates that can demonstrate their experiences in improving their workplace, are solutions focussed and enjoy working in a team that has many different skillsets and competencies.
The successful candidate would possess:
- A current driver’s license
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent such as Materials/Chemical Engineering)
- A great attitude and willingness to learn.
In addition, the following would be highly advantageous:
- Knowledge and experience in Materials Engineering to determine potential and actual damage mechanisms to process equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in planning and reviewing In-service Inspection, NDT and repair of pressure equipment (pressure vessels, tanks, pipework and storage tanks).
- Knowledge and experience in conducting fitness for service assessments of pressure equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in planning and scoping weld repairs and protective coating application.
Located 30 kilometres south of the Perth, the Nickel West Kwinana produces nickel briquettes and nickel powder. While many employees live in Perth, Fremantle and Mandurah, the Kwinana region is a thriving coastal township with three public beaches, excellent schools, modern shopping facilities and a wide variety of housing options. As part of our commitment to health and safety Nickel West Kwinana is a smoke free operation.
We are investing in a Nickel Sulphate plant to be built at our Kwinana refinery south of Perth. We believe there are significant competitive advantages for Nickel West to move downstream into the battery chemical business.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and flexible work arrangements.
Part-Time applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Short listing for this position will commence on 27 January 2021 however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note that as part of the application process you may be requested to complete a video interview.