|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be part of cutting edge development within Australia's largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- This role is based in Osborne, SA.
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Operator in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team in Osborne, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia, we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As an Operator, you will be responsible for the delivery of the all services that sit within the operator trade role including any high risk license tasks providing services across the shipyard to successfully deliver the project. The role will require you to support all production work on blocks, ships and support other tasks required in relation to the shipyard.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Ensure that services delivered are in accordance with the Manufacturing Plan
- Have daily interaction with the operator team
- Ensure that you only perform the tasks you are trained and have been deemed competent to perform including high risk license task
- In conjunction with the Operator Trade Manager, ensure all equipment used by you or members of the operator team are properly certified and has been appropriately tested, inspected
- Ensure that all equipment and areas used by the team are maintained in a safe and organised manner
- Be responsible for your own safety and including the safety of fellow workers and have involvements in the team's safety and quality requirements and working to meet or exceed results
- Add value to and assist in creating a positive working environment
- Undertake Training in accordance with role as deemed necessary
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- The ability to hold and maintain appropriate licencing for the equipment used and tasks performed within the shipyard
- Rigging, scaffolding or crane operator high risk licences
- Demonstrated experience, management of all aspects of your role and responsibility for your performance
- Excellent communication, influencing and skills
- Demonstrated experience including prior experience in a Team Leader role
- A strong safety focus and enhancing the site safety environment
- Strong time keeping abilities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.