|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Company Secretariat Team supports the Board and Senior Management establishing and administering frameworks for effective corporate governance across the Group. Our team is part of the broader Legal Services Group.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with a relentless commitment to provide exceptional service. We are outcome focussed and an important enabler of business performance through our consultative and collaborative approach with our Business and function partners.
About the role
Reporting to the Company Secretary this role is focused on delivery of simpler and more effective Board, governance and corporate reporting processes for the Woolworths Group.
- Facilitate effective information flows between the Board and management
- Monitor the evolving corporate governance landscape
- Influence the design of the corporate governance framework for the Group
- Attend to corporate governance and compliance requirements including making recommendations on policy and process enhancements, drafting and updating relevant policies and charters and overseeing operational implementation
- Work with the Company Secretary and Group Company Secretary to manage the various committees and Boards within the Group including preparation of agendas, board papers and minutes
- Support the coordination of Board and Committee papers and reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage the share registry
- Oversee team member and Non-Executive Director share plan issues and lapses, on market share purchases, ASX reporting of rights and shares on issue and changes in Directors’ interests
- Manage the corporate calendar
- Oversee the delivery of an effective and efficient AGM and work as part of the team to deliver the Annual Report
- Provide day to day advice on compliance with ASX listing rules, Corporations Act, and corporate governance matters generally
- Prepare the group’s corporate governance statement
- Manage the drafting and lodgement of ASX disclosures and relevant statutory forms and reports.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or law
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management highly desirable
- Experience (ideally 7+ years) working within a Company Secretariat function in a listed organisation
- A solid background working within the corporate sector, with experience dealing with stakeholders at a senior level, up to and including Group Executive and Board level
- General knowledge of the retail sector would be desirable
- Resilient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexible and adaptive to the business’ changing needs
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.