|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Demand Planning role within leading retail environment
- Great way to extend or launch your supply chain career
- 12 months parental leave cover with genuine career development pathways
At Woolworths, customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we place a great emphasis on strategic thinking, innovation, and the ongoing development of a high performing best in class team. Our Commercial Team is the key interface between sourcing, and internal and external business stakeholders - we are responsible for generating sales and gross profit by buying, ranging, pricing and promoting our products.
To ensure Woolworths has the right products at the right time and at the right price for our customers, our team sets the direction for a category in line with the organisational strategy - planning, organising and controlling resources to deliver business results.
We currently have an opportunity for a collaborative & commercially-minded team player to join our Buying & Replenishment team. The Demand Planning team is designed to complement the sales forecasting process and work closely with supply planning teams and key suppliers to deliver exceptional product availability for our stores and customers.
You will mainly be responsible for:
- Generate DC level forecasts at the appropriate level of product hierarchy and time horizon
- Facilitate the collaborative planning process, engaging category managers and key suppliers, including facilitation of the monthly collaborative planning meeting
- Investigate root causes of forecasting error and eliminate or mitigate future risk or influence
- Review historical demand trends, research demand drivers, prepare demand data, and evaluate forecast results to mitigate demand volatility and supply risks
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales Planning, Buying and Marketing to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for DC demand forecasts
- Provide input to the Supply Planning teams in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs, including safety stock and demand smoothing
You offer support, information and resources to strengthen existing partnerships, and clarify shared goals to determine mutually beneficial outcomes. You maintain internal partnerships by sharing valuable insight, resources and experience, and adhere to expectations by fulfilling responsibilities and demonstrating personal commitment to shared goals.
You build collaborative relationships and leverage insights, you role model our values, plan for the future of our business and inspire a passion for winning. You are courageous and drive innovation, and represent the organisation, taking accountability for our reputation and brand. You set standards of excellence for yourself and your team, and accept responsibility for outcomes of work. You seek and use others’ ideas when implementing change and help others to overcome resistance to new ideas.
You are a strong communicator with the following skills & experience:
- Tertiary degree or relevant supply chain planning experience in a retail or FMCG environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyse large sets of data and deliver actionable insights & recommendations
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Time management and administrative skills
- Maintain positive approach to work and attention to detail to consistently deliver high quality output
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
The experiences you will receive
Woolworths Group is led by its purpose, to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow. Guided by our Agile Ways-of-Working and Core Values, we want our actions to have a positive impact every day and to define what makes Woolworths Group different. Joining our business means creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow.
You will have access to first class systems & softwares such as JDA, SAP/APO, Forecast Pro.
Few words from the Line Leader
The Demand Planning team thrives on predicting what's next, we are a team who enjoys presenting our vision for future demand and how it will support our customers.
If you enjoy sharing your vision and seeing how it shapes into plans we would love to hear from you.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with us on Linkedin for further information #Work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.