South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
About the role
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will act as the delivery arm for HR Business Partnership into the respective customer by providing strategic support to business leaders in making good people decisions across the employee lifecycle. This includes a focus on building strong teams, influencing employee relations and driving the South32 culture.
This is a 10 month fixed term contract.
- Input into business strategies and organisational policies to enable the people agenda across South 32
- Support the delivery of the Business Plan through creating a culture of care and accountability as an enabler to continuously learn and improve
- Ensure all work is well designed and reliably delivers safe outcomes
- Select, develop, coach employees – build experience and capability by creating meaningful development opportunities
- Provide advice and support on organisation and role design, including alignment to the organisation design standard, role grading and remuneration framework.
- Provide high quality industrial and employee relations advice and services, managing and resolving issues as they arise.
- Participate and or conduct negotiations dealing with industrial relations matters, including Enterprise Bargaining negotiations and industrial advocacy services where required.
- Conduct effective, fit-for-purpose and objective investigations.
Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities and is FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- Relevant degree or appropriate experience (preferable in HR/IR Organisational Behaviour, Change Management,)
- Significant experience in industrial relations with a sound knowledge of industrial and employee relations theory, principles, policies and practices within a heavy industry context
- Generalist HR experience and a proven record of being able to influence line leadership
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills. Able to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking.
- Ability to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risks, make good judgements and solve problems.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Competitive salaries
- 4/3 Roster from either Brisbane or Townsville
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications closing on 27/01/2021