|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applications and Data Engineer
- Great opportunity to join our high-tech team supporting some of the most leading-edge mining technology
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Permanent opportunity based in Perth Operations Centre
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Applications and Data Engineer to supporting the data centric systems currently used across the business.
This is a great opportunity for an infrastructure engineer who will have accountability for the configuration, implementation, management and support of services, with a primary focus on OSISoft PI infrastructure and other data generating and data collecting solutions.
Data is one of our most important assets. From mine to market, behind each of our operations and projects are technological innovations and data science that are driving new industry standards in mining and metals.
With a clear focus on values, performance and strong leadership, you get to grow with an organisation that values your work and rewards you accordingly.
Reporting to the Senior Production Systems Engineer and working in an exciting and diverse team in the Business Applications team you will:
- Work within an engineering team to support the 30+ systems and applications used across our business
- Ensure infrastructure is up to date and managed with capacity and supportability in mind, and implementing enhancement/improvements to these systems
- Develop and implement new software based solutions
- Implement methodologies, documentation and delivery toolsets for Corporate and Production environments
- Provide technical input to project scoping, planning and implementation phases
- Facilitate transition to support activities from project to operational support teams
- Maintain working relationships with team members to facilitate a culture of shared knowledge and common processes
What you’ll bring
- Strong knowledge and experience with OSISoft PI Historian software, exposure to other data historian and relational/time-series database application suites is highly regarded.
- Experience with SCADA and/or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is highly regarded.
- Adaptable at learning new technologies, systems and applications
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving, with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Familiar with virtual and cloud-based infrastructure
- Good self-time management and prioritisation to ensure timely resolution of technical issues and development activities
- Experience with and ability to adhere to applicable policies, standards and solutions architecture
- Tertiary education within an engineering domain or computer science
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.