|Job Type:||Full Time|
IS&T Solution Architect – Full mining supply chain
- Shape the future of Rio Tinto’s Studies and Major Projects technology landscape
- Demonstrate your business process consulting skills by solving challenging and complex problems via people, process, technology and data enabled solutions
- Work in a flexible work environment where we champion engagement and diversity
- Permanent role located in Perth or Brisbane
About the role
We are looking for an IS&T Studies and Major Projects – Functional Architect to join our IS&T Business Partner Studies and Major Projects team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an authentic technology professional with mining and processing technology experience who wants to set the future of Rio Tinto entire mining supply chain from a technology perspective in an environment that is forever changing and not limited.
Data is one of our most important assets. From mine to market, behind each of our operations and projects are technological innovations and data science that are driving new industry standards in mining and metals.
With a clear focus on values, performance and strong leadership, you get to grow with an organisation that values your work and rewards you accordingly.
Reporting to the IS&T Business Partner Studies and Major Projects and working in a collaborative exciting environment, you will:
- Partnering with the G&I Projects team you will assist define the roadmap and strategy for in the areas of Studies, Project Execution, Project Service Systems and Project Data Management
- Elicit requirements, translating solution offerings aligned with the PM+ process
- Assure the implementation of technology solutions in partnership with the project delivery organisation
- Identify and implement high value initiatives, translating conceptual ideas into real value add
What you’ll bring
- Complex enterprise experience
- Strategy and Roadmap definition and delivery
- A good understanding of data management practices
- Strategy and Roadmap definition and delivery
- An understanding of the mining value chain
- Business Process consulting experience
- IT consulting experience
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Mining and processing systems experience
- Mining and processing infrastructure experience
- Complex data integration experience
- Operational Technology systems design
- Mine closure Experience
- Data analytics and insights
- Automation experience
- End to end system implementation experience
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.