|Job Type:||Full Time|
Superintendent Health and Safety (Residential)
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Be home every night, living in a family friendly town with access to great facilities
- Monday to Friday roster, with the option for a compressed working arrangement
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Superintendent Health and Safety to join the Iron Ore Health and Safety Team (Pilbara Mine Operations), to provide positive leadership to a team of health and safety professionals, support and advise operational leaders and facilitate the standardisation of Rio Tinto Health and Safety processes and systems across multiple sites and divisions within the Pilbara.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
Your demonstrated ability to engage, connect and positively influence key stakeholders at all organizational levels will play a critical part to the effectiveness in this role. A truly collaborative position that will see you partnering with the business leadership team, to drive operational discipline through standardisation and rapid replication of health and safety initiatives, supporting leaders to operationalise the Health and Safety Management System and delivering to the health and safety strategy.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Drive to create a respectful, inclusive and diverse work environment
- A passionate people leader who will influence, motivate and be confident in effectively leading, mentoring and coaching team members as well as interfacing with senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience working as a Health and Safety professional in an operating environment
- Current driver’s license
Where you’ll be working
Our port facilities consist of three shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
The successful candidate will be required to reside in Karratha or Dampier township.
You will just love that sea change and everything our beautiful WA coastline has to offer.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Get ahead financially and enjoy housing subsidy benefits (applicable to residential roles)
- Remote Area Holiday Travel Assistance (applicable to residential roles)
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 20th January 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.