|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a team that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Continuous day shift roster that includes relief rotating day/night shifts
- Bell Bay, Tasmania
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Power Controller to work as part of our Power Supply team to ensure duties are performed in a safe, efficient manner with a focus on teamwork and quality results.
This is a great opportunity for a person with a strong work ethic who is team orientated and has experience working in a high voltage industrial environment including Control Room and Switchyard activities.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Power Supply Crew Leader and working in a collaborative community and a diverse team within Power Supply, you will be:
- Preparing, checking and participating in high voltage switching procedures;
- Identifying root causes of breakdowns and implementing solutions to eliminate them;
- Understand high voltage and maintenance procedures and work practices and maintain consistent application of standards;
- Operate the high voltage assets to ensure a continuity of electrical supply to the smelter;
- Provide quality advice and complete tasks as assigned:
- Completing planned maintenance as required;
- Liaising with external power providers;
- Leading teams as required to complete specific task or projects;
- Ability to work effectively both within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
What you will bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Electrical Practitioners License
- High voltage experience or exposure up to 220kV equipment
- Experience in Allen Bradley products / programming, hardware and fault finding
- Familiarity with Honeywell Experion Control Systems
- Strong ability to clearly communicate with team members and stakeholders
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
Bell Bay Aluminium is part of the Rio Tinto Group, a global leader in aluminium, which is one of the world’s most widely used metals. Based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, the smelter produces primary aluminium products.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.