|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Director for a major infrastructure project in Darwin, NT. Full relocation package is on offer. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Sole responsibility for the delivery and detailed design management process for the project
- Lead project teams to continually exceed expectations, whilst ensuring the construction process is controlled and adheres to strict safety, quality, programme and financial objectives
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve and exceed expected outcomes for the client
- People-centric leader, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Significant experience in senior leadership roles on large-scale infrastructure projects
- Extensive construction experience including construction planning and management, managing multi-disciplined teams, budgeting and planning, procurement, risk management, client management, dispute/issue resolution
- Relevant Engineering or Construction Management degree
- Managing contractor model experience preferred
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.