|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 Finance Leader – Melbourne Location
- Experienced Corporate Banking Analyst supporting Corporate Banking & Property Portfolio
- Be part of an exciting chapter of growth for Bank of Queensland
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where we support a flexible workplace and a collaborative team environment. You will be part of a professional team in Melbourne and gain exposure to a Corporate & Property portfolio.
BOQ Business manages the Banks Commercial Lending, Equipment Finance, Specialist Lending, Trade and Financial Markets. The client relationships are held across many segments which include Branches, Brokers, Business Banking, Corporate, Property and Agribusiness and are serviced by teams throughout Australia. BOQ Business is recognised for our excellence in Relationship Banking and have recently received awards from the AB&F as well as East & Partners.
Your new role:
As the Corporate Banking Analyst, you will enjoy supporting BOQ’s Corporate & Property portfolio by providing support to the Corporate Relationship Executive in a number of areas including financial targets, compliance requirements and business activities. Further, you will be required to liaise with all relevant departments to ensure all documentation and settlements are processed promptly and accurately.
Specifically you will:
- Provide lending support within Corporate Banking across Corporate & Property portfolio
- Write and provide recommendations for credit submissions
- Prepare lending submissions by critically analysing and interpreting financial statements and identifying industry trends
- Evaluation of credit risk relating to new business proposals
- Adhering to required compliance standards (operational risks, reviews, expiries, covenants, post funding requirements etc)
- Recognise Corporate Banking sales opportunities by providing exceptional customer service to Corporate Banking customers and referring sales / cross-sell opportunities to the appropriate Manager
- Attend customer interviews with Corporate Banking Managers where appropriate to gain additional knowledge of each customer’s business and requirements
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers through the delivery of excellent service
As a natural problem solver, you will relish the opportunity to demonstrate your proven track record of credit analysis in order to interpret financial statements and identify industry trends. Naturally, you will possess strong organisational skills and attention to detail, coupled with your ability to multi-task and liaise with various stakeholders. Your proven analytical skills will be complimented by your ability to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment.
What will set you apart?
- Previous banking experience – including exposure to lending across Corporate and/or Property portfolio
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Interest and understanding of financial markets
- Team orientated with a desire to build a career within Business Banking
Be part of the journey for BOQ and enjoy;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.