At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
About the Role
Our Drill Maintenance Supervisor will be an experienced, dynamic and collaborative leader who has a demonstrated commitment to preventive maintenance processes and the confidence to involve their people in all elements of the job. Well-developed interpersonal skills are necessary to be an effective and supportive leader ensuring success for you and your team.
We value diversity in thinking and your career to date will testify to your ability to demonstrate solid critical reasoning skills, quickly grasp technical concepts and apply theories. Energetic and committed, you work well with challenges, bringing attention to detail and an ability to meet multiple deadlines. You relate well with people, communicate confidently and build positive working relationships.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern arrangement, with residential, FIFO or DIDO options available.
In this role you will:
- Maintain, demonstrate and promote an overriding commitment to health, safety and a culture that is inclusive for everyone
- Coach, review and develop multi skilled trades personnel to ensure their skills are optimised to their full potential
- Lead, engage and empower our people to increase their capabilities
- Oversee the execution of planned and scheduled maintenance along with breakdown work
- Work closely with the Mobile Maintenance Coordinators to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Be focused on working collaboratively to achieve results for our customers
- Able to communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Foster a positive and productive working relationship and culture between the team members and with other departments
- Ensure HSEC standards, hazard identification and management is applied by departmental personnel
- Previous experience in leadership of high performance maintenance teams
- Continue to identify opportunities to improve the performance of safety, people, processes and systems
- Improve performance and availability through quality maintenance practices
- Build cross functional relationships with other areas to support the delivery of maintenance
- Confident in using maintenance management systems including SAP based programs
- Have experience with Contractor Management Systems highly regarded
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Exceptional risk management skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license, with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.