|Job Type:||Full Time|
A great place to grow
- Provide proactive property management solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Customer centric focus in a fast paced and changing environment
- Enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
The Woolworths Property group is accountable for all property undertakings for the organisation. It exists to provide comprehensive proactive property solutions to support Woolworths Retail businesses and their future growth. The Woolworths Property team benefits from a strength of experience and a diversity of team members that contribute to execute a high output of property outcomes for the organisation.
We are currently seeking a detail-driven, high performing Property Manager to join our NSW/ACT Property team. Reporting to one of our Regional Property Managers, you will assist in strategically growing the business. You’ll do this through the delivery of new stores and optimisation of the existing network, together supporting the retail operations team, through effective and professional property management duties.
Working with the Regional Property Manager, you will assist in the implementation of Property Plan New store opportunities identified and targeted that are commercially viable and provide optimum convenience and amenity. You are responsible for negotiating the best commercial outcome for the business when dealing with external stakeholders and are rquired to maintain and grow key relationships with centre managers and our Landlords. In addition:
- Assist Regional Property Manager to develop and collaborate on the geographic precinct property reviews that outlines short and long term network objectives for new and existing stores.
- Assist Regional Property Manager with the Store Renewal Plan documenting the strategy to extend, downsize, redevelop, refurbish or close stores, followed by delivery of these Renewals.
- Negotiation and achievement of owner contributions toward Renewals at end of lease cycles.
- Ensure Lease structures are consistent with the Property Negotiation Criteria and enhance our long term competitive position.
- Monitor and ensure Landlord obligations under leases are being met with regard to repair & maintenance and protection of trading amenity
- Accurate reporting to management of key performance criteria and market conditions
- Identify opportunities to improve the amenity of our stores for customers and team, as well as identifying strategies to implement these improvements.
- Issues that affect delivery of a project are identified and escalated for resolution in a timely manner. Ensure that stores are visited annually by the Property Management Team to monitor the centre and amenity conditions.
- Attend to lease administration issues, landlord and customer queries /issues in a timely manner.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a driven, customer centric Property Manager with a passion for improving the patronage of our businesses. You’ll also demonstrate;
- Strong commercial experience and knowledge of the property market with at least 4 years experience in the property industry
- Degree qualified in Property, Business, Commerce or a related discipline
- Exceptional financial skills including modelling and the ability to develop budgets
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills to achieve results and productive relations.
- Exceptional written skills to provide effective and clear reporting within the business combined with strong external correspondence.
- Solid experience in negotiating property legal agreements.
- A sound level of experience within retail property management and exposure to the development environment.
- Experience in presenting proposals in a clear, simple written and oral form, with sound economic justification, in a timely manner and accepting accountability for the team’s outcome.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW/ACT Planning system
- The ability to establish and grow strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A desire to succeed in a competitive environment
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.