|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Key role within the Australian Supermarkets Finance team
- Business partnering opportunity
- Contribute to the broader finance strategy
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Supermarkets Operations Finance team.
You will be responsible for providing reporting and analysis of stock loss across multiple trading departments as well as providing insightful analysis and decision support to the Stock Loss leadership team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide insightful analysis, clear weekly commentary and actionable insights on a department and state basis
- Support and partner with finance teams and our stakeholders with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and analysis
- Partner with our State Loss Manager and Loss leadership team to analyse data, develop workable action plans based on performance trend and implement these opportunities to improve overall process and performance
- Support and lead across key processes including the monthly forecast, annual operating plan and tracking key initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve stock loss processes and reporting
- Identify and implement opportunities that improve processes across the Food Group Finance Team
You will ideally have had Multinational FMCG experience and supported teams across national retail (ie,. Coles, Woolworths, or international equivalent) across grocery or liquor.
- CA / CPA Qualification preferred
- Previous experience in budgeting, reporting and analysis
- Basic understanding of commercial category management principles and its impact on price and promotional effectiveness
- You are a true business partner with proven ability to able to communicate with impact, analytical and able to problem solve effectively
- You are able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects in an agile working environment
- Experience in using data, analytics and visualisation tools to drive business decisions
- Good understanding of how to develop complex analysis utilising Google Cloud Platform and data visualisation tools including Tableau
- Strong systems experience (SAP and Business Objects preferred), advanced excel/modelling skills and experience with SQL and Tableau are preferred
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.