|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re investing in our people, our communities, our networks, and a sustainable future. Our focus is on creating a better more connected future for Australia.
Are you a qualified Auditor as per ISO 45001 standard?
An opportunity exists for a WHS Audit and Compliance Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. Coming into this role with at least 2 to 3 years prior Audit experience and substantial experience within WHS, you will drive WHS regulatory compliance requirements and work with our business leaders to implement WHS standards and procedures that deliver safe work practices, and adhere to risk, governance and compliance guidelines.
This is a fantastic time to join as we approach our next audit plan. With excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, you will be responsible for audit plan development and carrying out the internal audit as per ISO 45001 requirements. You will also be a single point of contact for third party auditors as well as matters related to regulatory authorities such as Comcare. Your ability to influence and build relationships across the business will prove critical to success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement annual audit plan based on ISO 45001 standard
- Liaise and coordinate third party audits with external auditors
- Be accountable for managing the completion of risk based WHS audits as approved in the WHS Audit Plan
- Regularly report progress of audit activity against audit plan and follow up on outstanding issues
- Liaise with business unit leaders and attend meetings to discuss WHS audit and assurance matters
- Actively participate and engage in line 1 and line 2 WHS activities
- Role model Optus values and behaviours, and demonstrate a Leader-Led mind-set
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated technical WHS regulatory understanding, with excellent communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Knowledge of audit framework and requirements
- Qualifications as an auditor against ISO 45001 standard
- At least 2 to 3 years audit experience with 7 + years’ experience within WHS within high to medium risk industries
- Solid understanding of Comcare requirements
- Degree qualified in OHS/Risk or a related area
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- Work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile & Internet discounts, Novated Car Leasing, and other Financial benefits
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- Regular visits by our various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, independent retailers and fruit vendors!
These are opportunities not to be missed! To express interest, please include a covering letter and apply online today.