|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career that makes a real difference.
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia?
At nbn, we pride ourselves on our core purpose of lifting the digital capability of Australia. With the initial build of the nbn now complete the company is transforming itself into a service led organisation. A key part of this is to enable the ongoing enhancements to our software technology landscape in order to deliver enhanced products and improve our end customer experience.
We have multiple Personal Assistant opportunities available.
A bit about the role
The Personal Assistants will provide clerical, administrative assistance to the Systems Engineering Operations (SEO), GM’s and the wider team. It is expected that these Assistants will gain a clear understanding of SEO Operations, the organisation and general procedures in order to successfully fulfill the role.
This role requires individuals who are proactive and comfortable in communicating with people at all levels in the organisation, with the ability and flexibility to adapt to different approaches and work styles. In return you will join a high-performing and dynamic team where you will become a valued member of the team.
The key accountabilities for this role will include:
- Diary management and meeting coordination, coordinating conflicting schedules, organising and attending meetings, set agendas and minute actions
- Align with CIO’s EA and SEO Assistant team
- Build relationships with key staff and partners
- Co-ordination of recruitment and on-boarding activity for new employees
- Arrange travel for the Management and teams and be the central point of contact for all inquiries regarding travel bookings
- Expense reconciliations and processing.
- Coordinate seating and office space requirements for the group
- Produce Reports and Presentations as directed, assist with communications as required
- Co-ordinate team, division and company events and arrange business lunches and dinners for the team’s as directed
- General Administration as required
- Provide PC application assistance to Senior Managers and their teams as required.
- Additional clerical, administrative and general office duties involving document creation, file and record maintenance as required etc
- Liaise with Security Team / Concierge desk about access to Secure Floors
- Log jobs with Facilities
- Liaise regularly with key stakeholders, vendors, executives, general managers and their assistants, on behalf of the GM’s
- Managing correspondence effectively
- All other tasks as required
A bit about you
The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong background in providing administrative support for senior management levels in a complex matrix organization and is experienced managing multiple stakeholders/managers.
As a Personal Assistant, your experience will include setting agenda’s and capturing minutes and following up on actions to meetings, develop new processes and improve existing processes and the ability to learn and understand GM’s role and priorities including subject matter and relationships with team, company and partners.
Intermediate to advance user of all Microsoft Office products, including creating PowerPoint presentations, working with Excel data to prepare financial information, data mark-ups within Word with a friendly can-do attitude and an interest or experience in assisting projects would be advantageous.
Life at nbn
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace where everyone can feel valued, respected and have equal opportunity to thrive and succeed. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures - including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTI+ community and people living with disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – we encourage you to advise us at the time of the application via firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.