At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Focus on safety and performance aligned to GLDs, BLDs, governance and regulatory requirements
- Establish logistic plans and schedules for natural gas pipeline deliveries from the operated and non-operated Australian Assets handover points
- Ensure accurate and timely execution and administration of Eastern Australia and Western Australia scheduling activities in line with gas sales and transport agreements
o Perform short term gas trading in Declared Wholesale Gas Market and Short Term Trading Market hubs
o Submitting upstream nominations for gas injections and transport taking into consideration ongoing imbalances / contractual limits and relevant timings and procedures
o Optimise end-to-end supply chain inventory
o Operating the gas portfolios 24x7 (rostered on one weekend per month)
- Develop a deep understanding of commercial contracts and offtake agreements to identify key scheduling levers
- Review and challenge IOC and asset plans/schedules and influence for optimal outcomes
- Monitor contract performance and advise Marketing Managers on options to optimise contracts and minimise executional risks
- Communicate any logistical issues that may impact deliveries and administer effective crisis management strategies as and when supply chain disruptions occur
- Attend production and alignment meetings and communicate any logistical issues that may impact deliveries
- Perform future scenario planning and communicate outcomes to Marketing Managers to enable more informed decision making
- Form collaborative relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including APU, JIU, IOC teams, joint venture partners and customers to ensure delivery and performance
- Continue to streamline the existing scheduling/commercial operations toolset and automate processes where possible
- Partake in the on-call duty roster for one week per month and performing scheduling duties for one weekend per month
- Ensure the business is compliant with market rules by keeping up to date with changes in gas market. Perform regular reviews to ensure operations are compliant with market rules.
- Works in line with and demonstrate a commitment to health, safety, sustainability and the environment policies and procedures
- Conduct business in accordance with BHP Billiton's Charter and Code of Conduct and demonstrates Charter Values in Action
Skills and Other Qualifications
To be successful in this role you have demonstrated experience working in Petroleum gas/liquids scheduling operations and have knowledge of marketing, technical and commercial issues associated with the industry.
Have good interpersonal skills and be fluent in English, both verbal and written. Computer literate and Experience in traded commodities highly recommended.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong data modelling and forecasting skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, essential to building constructive relationships and credibility with diverse stakeholders
- Experience working with commercial contracts and proven ability to identify and execute operational terms
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage a significant portfolio base
- Tertiary qualification in a discipline with a strong quantitative methods component (logistics, supply chain, mathematics, engineering, computing, finance or marketing), Post-qualification experience in mining and resources sector well regarded
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.