|Location:||Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago, and every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement.
About the Department and Team
Group Regulatory Compliance has responsibility for overseeing the effectiveness of the Group’s Compliance Framework. This includes supporting business to effectively manage and monitor ongoing compliance in line with the stated risk appetite setting.
About the Role
As Senior Manager Regulatory Governance your focus is to deliver the oversight and monitoring program in relation to Financial Services laws, regulations and codes that are applicable to the Group.
This includes responsibility for the implementation and continuous advancement of the regulatory compliance framework, providing technical input and support to 1LOD businesses and senior management in relation to the effective management of obligations.
A critical requirement will include enabling the achievement of successful compliance outcomes is the ability to work with business stakeholders to develop compliance solutions that are both as operationally efficient as possible and meet required compliance standards. The role will also support the ongoing assessment of compliance through a program of deep dive compliance reviews and independent reporting of outcomes.
Experience, capabilities and qualifications
Senior management and industry experience in a similar regulatory compliance or risk management role and
- Sound knowledge of banking/financial services and the regulatory landscape
- Ability to investigate breaches for remedial action and escalate to management as required
- Proven project management, continuous improvement and change management expertise
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Certificate IV and/ or Graduate Certificate in Compliance Management will be advantageous
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and establish self as a trusted adviser
- Effective negotiation, influence and interpersonal skills to successfully support the organisation to reach the key business objectives
- Expert knowledge of key legislative and code requirements desirable.
- Sound knowledge of AS3806 desirable
What we Offer
A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential and achieve your objectives.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.
Applications Close 2 February 2021.