|Location:||Adelaide, Edwardstown, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge, Port Pirie|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a new team member to join Active Tree Services who wants a career change and doesn’t need industry experience. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a well organised small team self-directed teams with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry with a future in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are looking for a Chipper Operator with a can-do attitude who wants to work outdoors, enjoys physical work, has a willingness to learn and is safety conscious to join our crew in SA. This role has job security and will work on a long-term contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to the Fleurieu Peninsula, Southern Mt Lofty, Murray Bridge and Mannum regions. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites.
You will ultimately need to be able to operate a chipper machine to chip trees and branches that have been cut down from around powerlines. Induction and training will be provided. This role is a great stepping stone into the industry with opportunities for progression including Truck Driver, Elevated Work Platform Operator, Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- Up to $25 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is an advantage but not essential
- Industry experience and/or qualifications are highly advantageous (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture)
- Open to the possibility of travel and working away from home
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.