|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Do you want a role with a high level of autonomy that will help guide decision making?
- Do you have the ability to think strategically about future transport needs?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Advanced Analytics and Insights
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Development Operations team, lead management for BI and Data production releases and provide resolutions to data issues associated with production BI and data Solutions.
- Lead a team to develop continuous integration and continuous delivery strategies ensuring security, stability and capacity are embedded in the development and deployment of services
- Oversee the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies to maximum value from services, including the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assistingimplementation
- Lead and ensure the delivery of support strategies, operational standard procedures to meet the needs of delivery teams.
- Manage the day to day business of the Development Operations team
- Partner with Data Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to manage the integration and testing of components, systems and their interfaces to create operational services, ensuring that all platform services are working efficiently in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Lead team to investigate issues with production reports and data where they arise and work with partners to implement fixes
- Raise and track issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Provide coaching and mentoring and direct support to internal and external teams during various operations, such as deployment and general production operational issues to produce efficient an effective service
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a strong background in running and managing operational systems. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in communication and presentation and have proven experience in a complex customer centric environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience running and managing operational systems in an information technology environment and maintaining high up times.
- Extensive experience of a wide range of AWS cloud technologies and a general wide experience across many data and visualisation products and working in a complex environment
- Excellent general knowledge of networks, security and strong communication skills to work inform stakeholders and work towards timely problem resolution.
- Solid experience using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g., EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch and Fargate) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solutions, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Working with deploying infrastructure as code (e.g., Cloud Formation Templates)
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a relevant field
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service Manager level role with a salary range of $172,819 - $192,578. For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –email@example.com
Applications Close: 11.59 PM 27 January 2021