|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Strategic leadership Opportunity
- Do you want a role with a high level of autonomy?
- Do you have the ability to act as an ambassador for data driven decision-making?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Advanced Analytics and Insights
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities.
The purpose of the role is to lead a discreet team of engagement managers responsible for managing the customer service operations for the branch, dealing with stakeholders directly and often as their first point of contact. The Team helps clients to identify and clarify their data and analytics needs, plan and operationalise their project and implement their services more effectively, often setting up “discovery sessions” with key stakeholders to identify issues and ways to improve.
- Be key point of contact for service level delivery across divisions, providing proactive advice on roadmaps, strategy and the application of analytics to enable evidence-based business decisions
- Partner with stakeholders and senior leadership to identify and prioritize key use cases aligned to Future Transport outcomes and translate this to data and analytics needs to deliver through functional areas
- Lead cluster wide customer council to enable prioritisation of Use Case delivery and effectively communicate benefits of each, including feasibility to deliver from co-design with branch peers
- Lead the design and implementation of data and analytics capabilities for the hub and downstream for spoke teams across the divisions
- Prioritize the data and analytics product and solutions portfolio and feature roadmap in conjunction with cluster strategic priorities and outcomes
- Develop business cases to validate proposed data and analytics investments and help prioritise decisions using endorsed use cases and ensure funding is available for branch to develop and maintain assets from new technology innovations
- Define and track metrics that demonstrate operational effectiveness and value that the branch delivers and proactively showcase successes across the cluster and media stories
- Demonstrate the Transport Connected Leadership dimensions by role modelling collegiate and collaborative behaviours to achieve the greater good for the community, celebrate our diverse workforce, create an environment where people can create and thrive, and support our people’s wellbeing
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a strong background in applying data and analytics solutions to drive business and customer outcomes. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in communication and presentation and have proven experience in leading teams in a complex customer centric environment.
- Ability to drive fundamental transformation in the creation of the cluster’s foundational data management and analytics capabilities
- Proven track record in multiple functions including data engineering, analytics, modelling, research and business intelligence
- Experience in providing consultancy like services to stakeholders and clients
- Familiarity with a range of data management, Business Intelligence approaches and the latest tools, approaches, techniques, and methodologies in data and analytics development management
- Deep understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in the transport industry
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Please check the internal role eligibility requirements or policy for your agency before applying for internally advertised roles.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service Manager level role with a salary range of $172,819 - $192,578. For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –email@example.com
Applications Close: 11.59 PM 27 January 2021