- Responsible for maintaining program-wide approaches, plans, policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Program Director and Program Manager
- Sydney based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Integral to the overall success of the SAP S4 HANA implementation program, this role takes responsibility for maintaining program-wide approaches, plans, policies and procedures – including status and financial reporting as well as recruitment and staffing management – this role is critical to the smooth running of this program. Supporting the program director and program manager with timely and accurate reporting, producing Steering Committee papers and tracking key deliverables and milestone payments and other invoices also form key duties of this role.
The role will also take responsibility for:
- Management and monitoring of the combined master program schedule
- Generation of weekly status reports and Overall Program Status update
- Preparation of Steering Committee papers aligned to the agreed schedule (48 hours before).
- Ongoing management of program resource plan – including co-ordination of recruitment activities and contractor on-boarding.
- Management and active monitoring of the program budget – including weekly budget versus actuals analysis and monthly meetings with the Origin group finance team.
- Co-ordination of Project and Program Change Requests using the register and project board decisions to maintain accurate status of all.
- Active monitoring and management of project controls – including risk, issue and dependency management - on a fortnightly basis.
- Management of timely timesheet submissions for all team members.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll have excellent stakeholder and customer service skills and experience in a similar large scale system implementation. You will hold qualifications in Information Technology, Information Systems, Business or an equivalent degree.
You’re experienced in or can show:
- Demonstrated experience with the running of a large PMO and the implementation of major business initiatives in a complex corporate environment
- Excellent knowledge of project management – methodology, tools and processes.
- Able to design and develop templates, tools, processes & procedures to support effective project management.
- Demonstrated relationship building experience, particularly at the Senior and Executive Management levels
- Demonstrated high level understanding of corporate governance and reporting requirements relating to programs of work.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams, guiding and managing specialists and general administrative staff
- Knowledge of standards and procedures at both project and program level
- Ability to recognise and act upon optimisation opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skill, ability to collaborate and drive outcomes
- Strong analytic capability and business acumen
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Finance team plays a key role in keeping the business on track to deliver smarter, cleaner, more affordable energy to Australian homes and businesses. As part of a fast-paced, dynamic industry, we work hard to crunch the numbers to drive our continuous improvement for our customers.
We’re looking for great analytical minds that are excited by the challenge of solving big energy challenges.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID: 77730
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au