|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's NSW head office is conveniently located at St Leonards train station and has magnificent views of Sydney Harbour which includes the picture perfect view of the bridge. We are a multidiscipline team of engineers, scientists and planners covering a broad range of projects from Buildings, Transport, Urban Design, Transport Studies, Geotechnical, Surveying, Coastal, and much more.
Our clients include commonwealth and state government entities, local and regional councils, and private sector organisations.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
Cardno is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer who will work collaboratively within the Geotechnical team being "hands on" with project delivery, site investigations, technical report writing and preparation / review of proposals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined and progressive global organisation with a great team culture and access to industry specialists and mentors. Cardno will partner with you to ensure you meet your career aspirations and encourage / support you to gain Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional certification.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Work on a wide range of projects which will include land development, roads/rail and civil infrastructure
- Undertake projects throughout the full lifecycle, including scope and planning, fieldwork, supervision and reporting of site investigations
- Undertake geotechnical investigation, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, pavements, foundations, retaining walls and excavation design with capability to operate software such as Circly, RS2, Slope/W and Plaxis
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals, collaborating with other offices, in a multi-disciplinary international consulting services company
With the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Preferably worked within a geotechnical team in a consultancy environment
- Four years' geotechnical experience within Sydney basin
- Experience in site investigation and coordinating contractors
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Driving License
- Innovative and solution orientated when problem solving
If you are keen and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.