|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Workspace Technology Architect will partner closely with the Workspace Engineering and Design Manager, Unified Collaboration Engineers, Workspace Engineers, and the wider business to develop, maintain, and continuously evolve Workspace Technology at Transurban.
In efforts to create a seamless technology eco-system and positive End User experience the successful candidate will need to be comfortable navigating various technology domains at both the technical architecture and strategy level to achieve the desired Workspace Solution.
Technology at Transurban goes beyond best practice. Our teams work at the bleeding edge of intelligent transport systems. They integrate roadside systems with weather data, develop intuitive payment apps and embrace the latest cloud thinking. The systems and applications we build, operate and maintain make travel easier. Here, you'll make a difference you can feel.
The impact you'll have
- You'll translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that deliver on organisational goals
- You'll assess new technologies and their potential impact on the existing technology architecture; where issues are identified, develop options to achieve both project and architectural objectives
- You'll lead technical design sessions, recognise constraints around budget and time and clearly articulate project scope, expectations, and delivery options
- You'll partner closely with our vendors and ensure Transurban is benefiting from the latest in Workspace Technology best practice, products, and research
- You'll be accountable for project solutions including compliance to Transurban's Architectural Governance framework, outcomes of cross functional skill groups (internal or external), socialisation, and solution endorsement
The talents you'll bring
- A passion for Workspace Technology and a seamless User Experience
- An understanding of current and emerging Workspace Technology best practice, products, and trends coupled with the ability to articulate a vision, the business value from technological advancement, and proven experience in delivering new technologies
- A deep understanding in one or more of the following areas: Workspace Architecture, Applications Architecture (middleware and integration technologies), Information and Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Network Architecture, Unified Communications, and / or End User Computing
- Consultative level communication and interpersonal skills
- Comparable experience with CISCO WebEx highly desired
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!