|Job Type:||Full Time|
Machine Learning Engineer
- Surry Hills based, with WFH flexibility
- Work on high impact machine learning projects
- Join our growing data practice
Endeavour X has ambitious goals to reach it’s journey to Personalisation at scale, as such we are looking ….This role will be focused on driving the team to deliver the Next Best Action engine.
We are helping transform our digital practice and disrupt Endeavour brands and the retail liquor market - we’re made up of smart people with smart ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional customer experiences.
We’re resourceful, inventive and willing to experiment; with the autonomy for doing things our way which have a real impact.
About the role:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing data practice, working alongside a Data Scientist.
This role will be responsible for the end-to-end deployment of predictive models and recommendation systems including scoping, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking, evaluation and optimisation of predictive models.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain statistical and machine learning models (GLM, Random Forests, GBM, xGBoost, recommendation systems etc) with knowledge of their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- Analyse, interpret and communicate findings in machine learning models and Big Data with clear understanding of why to use models, platforms, tools, and what tradeoffs they have.
- Responsible for complete and accurate documentation of all development around machine learning models and engineering processes.
- Deliver best practices recommendations and technical presentations around machine learning models and deployment.
- Maintain and further enhance the internal model feature store, optimise the feature engineering and machine learning model scripts.
- Responsible for the end-to-end deployment of predictive models and recommendation systems including scoping, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking, evaluation and optimisation of predictive models.
Who we are looking for:
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
With a growth mindset, you orient around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- 5+ years of experience post-graduation as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- 3+ years of commercial experience developing machine models and solutions
- Demonstrated experience in independently designing, implementing, evaluating and deploying machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, Theano, etc.) through distributions cluster and application programming in GCP platforms.
- Experience working with data pipelines, and distributed machine learning in both batch and stream processes.
- Language: Python, SQL, Scala, Unix bash script, REST API process.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps (GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform)
Not essential but it would be highly beneficial if you also have:
- Master or PhD degree in relevant disciplines (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical field).
- Experience in building recommendation systems.
- Experience with Spark and other Big Data solutions
The Endeavour Drink's ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You