|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Systems Engineer – Program Support (Requirements Management) is responsible for maintaining the requirements database, which contains the complete specification set for the LAND 400 Phase 2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle (CRV) Mission System. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who can apply their expertise in requirements management at the Prime Contractor-level within a complex Defence program. Reporting to the Requirements Manager, the position is within the Systems Engineering and Integration function in an Integrated Program Team.
The primary duties will be focused on maintaining the IBM Rational DOORS database so that the customer, prime contractor and subcontractors can be assured that the information contained within is accurate, current, traced correctly and digestible when disseminated. As a key subject matter expert within the business, at the front-end you will be helping Systems Engineers and Verification Engineers get the most out of DOORS. You will also perform a crucial role in assisting prepare for project milestone reviews and resolving requirements-related queries.
Back-end tasks involve supervising the establishing, testing and commissioning of an Australian-based DOORS server environment to synchronise with the existing server in Germany, and eventually taking over the management of the Australian-based DOORS server environment. When conditions allow again, this would require some business travel to Germany. The back-end tasks are a secondary requirement of the role and can be grown into for the right candidate – the immediate need is front-end support to the program.
About the role
As the Systems Engineer – Program Support (Requirements Management) you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Requirements Manager and Systems Engineers across the program, including training and Work Instruction development;
- Module creation and maintenance;
- Linkset creation and maintenance;
- DXL scripting and de-bugging of legacy scripts;
- User access control;
- Manage database synchronisation across two server locations;
- Periodic auditing of project database to ensure it is complete and protocols are being followed; and
- Baselining modules to support key program milestones.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Proven experience with DOORS module reconstruction, development, template development and documentation;
- Proven advanced DOORS DXL scripting experience;
- DOORS Database test environment test case creation and production database migration planning and execution;
- Write DOORS training material and conduct DOORS user training;
- Understanding of the System Development Lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly, particularly requirements management software;
- Able to identify and solve problems without formal direction;
- Able to teach and mentor Systems Engineers in the use of DOORS and requirements best practice;
- Able to identify where extra resources are required and follow through to their implementation;
- Able to work with people from multiple sites, companies and time zones;
- Systematic and analytical thinker and able to communicate effectively;
- Ability to obtain NV1 clearance (Must hold Australian Citizenship); and
- An ability to travel internationally and interstate when and if required.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+61 428 881 736