|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Armadale Access Alliance project. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
Our current secured pipeline of works in Western Australia is strong with projects covering Rail, Infrastructure and Civil works.
- Promote a positive quality culture and provide or source training where necessary to ensure specified requirements are being met
- Fully understand and interpret the quality requirements and deliverables for the project
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with the implementation of the Project Quality Plan and the development of quality related deliverables
- Provide technical advice/support to the Project Quality Manager on quality related matters
- Assist engineering team with preparing Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), inspection checklists and work packs to ensure quality requirements are captured
- Experience in delivering large-scale building or infrastructure projects with top-tier constructors
- Relevant Engineering or Construction Management degree
- Internal Auditor Qualification required
- Degree in Engineering (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical) or Construction Management or equivalent – with a Certificate of Attainment in Quality Management or equivalent desirable
- Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.