|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Wellington based role will see you working closely with the local leadership and project teams to implement sound commercial and financial processes and ensure Downer are gaining maximum return from our contracts. The continuance and development of key customer relationships is an upmost priority whilst allowing the Downer business to continue to flourish and develop.
This role will be part site based and part office based. You will need to be commercially focused and have experience in SQS/financial management of infrastructure projects, preferably within civil engineering contracting organisations. High levels of attention to detail, an ability to understand contracts and their intricacies, along with a commitment to high levels of client service are essential for this role.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role, with a strong focus on commercial construction and/or social infrastructure projects
- Experience in the procurement and management of multi-disciplinary sub-contractors
- High level of computer literacy including the use of accountancy based software
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in cost monitoring and reporting
- Implementer of financial controls and processes
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a wider team
- Solid understanding of NZS3910 conditions of contract
- Strong Risk identification and management skills
- Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
- Problem solving ability; with a wider strategic overview
- Relevant qualification, Degree/Diploma in Quantity Surveying
In return we offer:
- Challenging and rewarding position
- Multinational company, with a solid reputation
- Accredited Employer
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career across a diverse range of industries
To apply for this role please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for reference number 575748.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.