|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A critical function within the Commonwealth Bank Cyber Security Centre
- Supportive team environment, with a real focus on staff development and progression
- We're supportive of flexible / remote working arrangements for suitable candidates.
Your new team
Cyber Security is part of the Enterprise Services (ES) business unit at Commonwealth Bank.
Cyber Security's purpose is to engender trust, and enable secure and innovative experiences for customers and communities.
See yourself in our team
If what we do sounds like something you'd love, and you think you can bring something to further our success - we love to hear from you! We're looking for smart, creative problem solvers with a keen interest in security.
As the Lead Cyber Detection Engineer, your responsibilities would be to -
- Work closely with the Executive Manager of Detection to execute on the detection strategy.
- Provide both technical and people leadership, support and guidance to the members of the Detection and Response Engineering team.
- Oversee, prioritise, and manage the development and maintenance of threat centric automated detection logic using an Agile methodology.
- Train Cyber Defence Operations personnel on new detection content, capabilities and methodologies.
- Provide guidance to large teams inside the Group responsible for delivering major security capabilities uplifting or supporting the detection function.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Experience managing a small engineering team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Extensive experience in technical information security experience, ideally in roles like threat hunting, forensics, intrusion detection, incident response, or offensive security.
- Experience in building detection capabilities and tuning the fidelity of these to ensure high quality alerting using Splunk, and both commercial and open source security products such as IDS/IPS and EDR.
- Deep technical understand of networking protocols and services (TCP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, DHCP, TLS/SSL, etc), and operating systems like Linux, Windows and OSX.
- Experience of writing (ideally in Python) tools to automate tasks and integrate systems.
- Advanced knowledge of (security) architectures within large and complex environment.
- Experience with enterprise security frameworks
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.