|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity has opened with nbn to join the team as Senior Manager Commercial Development and Growth, where you will be responsible for leading and supporting the development and prioritisation of the long-term commercial roadmap, execute initiatives to grow profitable revenue, and achieve other nbn objectives.
To achieve this, you will lead and support commercial proposition design and implementation including the analysis of the options through to execution if required. You will also create the optimal long-term commercial construct that enables the price strategy, better alignment of RSP and NBN objectives, and addresses any regulatory concerns.
You will be key in continually evolving the commercial construct to create long-term sustainable industry and customer benefit including identifying key risks and opportunities as well as potential responses to these risks/opportunities.
You will also be critical in partnering closely with products bringing “only nbn” propositions to market as well as leading and supporting of key commercial team priorities, focused on increasing profitable revenue, and other nbn priorities.
Other key functions of this role include:
- Leading the development of cost and profitability analyses, modelling, and insights needed for commercial, regulatory, and pricing decisions
- Driving commercial initiatives to address the build vs buy challenge with channels who are also competitors
- Assessing and implementing options to grow or maintain nbn’s price premium including partnering with products to bring ‘only nbn’ propositions to market
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will ideally meet the below criteria:
- A deep understanding of the Australian and Global telecommunications sector and adjacent industries
- Strong and highly developed Executive and Board level communication (written, verbal, presenting) skills with an ability to manage the delivery of high quality outputs against demanding and competing timelines
- Clear competence and awareness of political implications in written communications and ability to thread a balanced view considerate of external communication
- The ability to apply highly developed analytical skills to investigate and evaluate industry trends and translate substantial amounts of data into meaningful insights
- Intellectually agile and able to deliver effectively under uncertainty as well as comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience in leading initiatives with a large and complex legal, regulatory, and governance requirements, utilising effective milestone management of key stakeholders to ensure that all project deliverables are completed on-time and at a very high level of quality.
- Have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Alteryx, pricing, profitability, DCF modelling, and data visualisation skills
Life at nbn
Please note that this is a permanent role.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace where everyone can feel valued, respected and have equal opportunity to thrive and succeed. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures - including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTI+ community and people living with disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – we encourage you to advise us at the time of the application via email@example.com
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
Please also note that applications will close at midnight on 21st-Jan 2021.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.