|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Make an impact to our business banking customers
- Work with a broad team of specialists & reap the benefits of team rewards
- Build real career runway within Business Banking at NAB
A career that gives you more:
We are looking for an experienced Business Banker to join our team of dedicated banking professionals in Charlestown to manage a complex and diverse portfolio of larger SME customers. This opportunity will see you focusing on the management of an existing portfolio whilst growing strong referral sources, community links and new business partnerships as part of a team approach.
The portfolio is a diverse portfolio with a strong bias to professional services. It provides a great opportunity for any one wanting to build a solid network with local and prominent individuals in professional services. However, in addition to the professional services clients, the portfolio also has key clients in various industries including property (development and investment), manufacturing and accommodation to name a few.
A typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key business banking customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals with the support of our associate team
The purpose of my role:
- I will manage new opportunities with the goal of building relationships that endure
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes
- Deeply understand my customer’s current and future needs and collaborate across a broad network to ensure a tempered approach to delivering the right outcomes and balancing risk
- Drive efficiencies and effectiveness across the team, business partners and overall value chain by modelling NAB’s values and behaviours
- As a Senior member of the team I will support and advocate for strategic & business initiatives
NAB, invested in you
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce supported by our African Australian and Indigenous employment programs, Graduate and Trainee programs. We are proud of our LGBTI Gold employer status by AWEI, and our commitment to gender equality. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.