Requisition ID: 36602
Job Category: Environmental
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Exciting opportunity for a Leader looking to further establish their career
- Become part of a dynamic, inclusive and professional Environmental Services global team
- Work in a great office location and be part of an encouraging fast paced work environment
The Hatch Environmental Services Group (ESG) undertakes studies and delivers environmental services in the areas of ESIAs, permitting, Environmental Site Assessment, community engagement, sustainability/corporate social responsibility, climate change and related project delivery services. Our wealth of engineering, environmental, EPCM project delivery and procurement experience and our global footprint is highly differentiated in the growing environmental services market.
Currently our Australian team is looking to grow, and we are seeking an Intermediate/Senior Environmental Specialist to work with our existing ESG team based in Brisbane and liaise closely with the Mining & Metals and Energy groups. This role is suitable for a more of a generalist environmental professional, however a technical specialty such as knowledge of Contaminated Land, Closure, Sustainability, Ecology or Erosion and Sediment control will be viewed favorably.
As the successful candidate, you will;
- Provide specialist advice in relation to statutory planning, planning and environmental approvals, permitting, environmental management and impact assessments to facilitate project outcomes.
- Develop technically robust and practical solutions for our Client’s environmental considerations, including special projects addressing specific areas of their operations (i.e., waste management, emissions and discharges).
- Have comprehensive industry knowledge and the ability to prepare and present complex planning, management reports and permitting applications.
- Developed and participate in site implementation of environmental mitigation measures and monitoring programs.
- Ability to project manage and coordinate the completion of key environmental deliverables, in a timely manner to meet project schedule.
- Be involved in the development of business opportunities, and assist in growing ESG..
- Mentor and develop junior employees to develop their skill sets and empower self-autonomy.
- Work collaboratively within integrated, multidisciplinary teams, liaising and supporting global peers.
You will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s/University degree in science, environmental science, environmental management, environmental engineering or a related discipline.
- Solid experience in working on environmental assessment projects and related studies, sustainable development activities within the mining, minerals and power sectors.
- Well-versed in understanding of ESIA, permitting, approvals and regulatory requirements within Australia.
- Effective and open communication and presentation style and the ability to plan and deliver high quality reports.
- Ability to take initiative, and work independently where required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate. Hatch also supports and encourages a flexible workplace. We offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks annual leave per year as part of our Purchased Leave Program.