|Job Type:||Full Time|
VEC is a dynamic single source Tasmanian-based contractor recognised as an industry leader and top tier ASX listed company. We specialise in Bridge design and construction, road and rail work, Civil construction, Water infrastructure, Precast & steel fabrication services.
Applications are now open for a Boilermaker Welder Apprenticeship based in Ulverstone, TAS. VEC is currently seeking candidates wishing to commence a four-year competency-based program consisting of practical, job-specific leaning and off-site training with the state’s corresponding TAFE.
Throughout the program you will be guided by qualified tradespeople and industry professionals, with exposure to heavy industry. VEC’s Apprenticeship Program will provide the skills, guidance and professional development that can lead to an exciting career in the civil industry.
- Enthusiastic and strong work ethic
- Current driver’s licence
- An interactive team player
- Keen interest in the boilermaker welding trade and motivation to learn
- High respect for safety
- Flexible to work away from home intrastate & interstate
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and encouraging work environment
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX listed company post apprenticeship
- A highly experienced team to learn from both in the field and workshop
- Trade certification at the end of the 4-year apprenticeship
With your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your Resume. Please note applications will not be accepted via email , please apply via the link. For more information, please contact Sarah De Zilva – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0439 298 594
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.