|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $57.5b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
The Customer Strategy & Technology division is focused on creating the future of mobility in NSW, and shaping a world-leading transport system for our customers and communities.
The Senior Manager Technical Architect will oversee the designing and scoping Customer and Payment Services solutions in terms of customer experience, support processes, information, and Information Technology (IT) solutions. The role works to develop an integrated view of our customers’ needs and to ensure services are directed appropriately and investment is optimised.
What you will be involved in:
The successful applicant will be accountable for managing and developing the technical Architecture capability and takes a holistic view of its strategies, processes, governance, information systems and technological infrastructure.
Take ownership for assigned work and issues as they arise, and proactively suggest new strategies and processes to improve architecture development, including providing advice on architecture, designs, infrastructure, integration, data quality, structures, and migration where it affects the design of a service.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Lead a team to develop and articulate technical roadmaps and strategies. Provide architectural design leadership and consultation in project planning and solution development, as well as design assurance during the development and delivery phases.
- Understand, interpret, and participate in the development, documentation, and validation of the domain’s strategic and core architectural requirements both internally and within the broader context of the Transport enterprise architecture.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner lead the integration of DevOps capability in terms of solution realisation, processes, systems, controls, risk management and customer engagement.
- Identify stakeholders and then arrange and facilitate technical workshops to resolve complex issues and challenges, present solutions, risk assessment, gap analysis and options papers.
- Ensure technical specifications are developed to user requirements and are communicated to the DevOps teams to inform their capability to build technical solutions as detailed in the designs.
- Research emerging technologies and technology trends, relating to IT support systems, infrastructure, networks, integration, security, adoption of commercial platforms, web, and information domains. Provide options and recommendations on the businesses adoption of such technologies.
- Ensure that solutions developed leverage corporate project execution framework, processes, approvals and governance.
- Your proven ability to manage and develop the Technical Architecture capability and take a holistic view of its strategies, processes, governance, information systems and technological infrastructure.
- Extensive experience developing business-focussed architectural strategies and frameworks to guide solutions.
- Experience leading large and diverse development teams and designing products using multi-tier applications, networks, infrastructure in hosted or cloud environment.
- Certification and extensive knowledge configuring, customising, and adapting commercial platforms such as Pega and Salesforce (and other CRM, BPMN, integration and database technologies).
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in large Information Communications Technology industry.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the Role Description.
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade TSSM.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the application.
Close date: 11:59pm, Tuesday 19 January 2021
Internally Advertised Position across the TfNSW Cluster - Permanent and eligible long term temporary staff are eligible to apply for this position advertised across Transport for NSW and it agencies. Long term temporary staff (with at least 12 months continuous service) must be directly employed by Transport for NSW or one of its agencies.
Exciting opportunity for Senior Manager Technical Architect to join the Customer Strategy & Technology division at Transport for NSW