|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 260 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Kmart currently has a an exciting new role for a Iteration Manager - 6 mth FTC. Great opportunity for an Iteration Manager to join Kmart to manage the delivery of initiatives across the supply Chain technology domain. To deliver in an Agile methodology, and to achieve the benefits of an Agile practice, the Iteration manager is a critical role in the Agile squad.
Specifically, this role will see you fulfilling the following:
- Ensure the team is delivering value to customers through iteration planning and execution;
- Collaborate with the product owner and business to prioritise User Stories;
- Act as a servant-leader to the product team, assisting in problem solving and identifying and mitigating risks as they arise;
- Provide coaching to the team through Scrum ceremonies as per the agile process.
- Lead initiatives from conception to implementation and lead planning between engineering, delivery and product owners
- Establish best practice processes between Business Analysts, Product Owners and Engineering to ensure shared understanding of requirements has been established.
- facilitating the estimation of work and team utilisation
- Provide direction and leadership in establishing a modern, productive agile delivery system.
- Maintain reliable team metrics for business reporting and to drive internal improvement
- Establish and undertake ownership of delivery processes in conjunction with other distributed delivery teams.
- Provide leadership to Engineers and Business Analysts.
- Establish and continuously improve delivery processes
- Establish and maintain a highly motivated and productive team
Responsible for team engagement
- To educate and lead the team in use of IT Agile practices ensuring that process is being followed.
- To remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and improvement whilst advocating and prompting IT Agile within IT and across the business teams
- Provide direction and leadership in establishing a shared development and operations delivery model (i.e. DevOps).
- acting as the servant-leader to product teams to ensure the removal of roadblocks and issues as they arise;
- ensuring the teams are undertaking agreed ceremonies within the agile process and consistency is built across the delivery teams;
- fostering a continuous improvement – low-cost, high velocity mindset amongst the team
- ensuring an open communication culture is embedded between IT and business stakeholders.
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Previous experience as an Iteration Manager or Scrum Master in an agile environment;
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or business discipline OR extensive experience in the specific business domain.
- Experience in IT development and delivery.
- Experience working with Supply Chain systems which enable the supporting business functions.
- Experience as an Iteration Manager or Business Analyst in an agile environment
- Qualified Scrum Master that embodies the Agile Scrum values of Focus, Courage, Openness, Commitment and Respect.
- Significant experience working in a large organisation, preferably retail
- Prior experience leading a team;
- Ability to engender an agile mindset within the team;
- Strong understanding of Agile behaviours, tools and techniques; and
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and industry trends.
- Development opportunities across Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group
- Excellent remuneration, a bonus scheme and access to the Wesfarmers share plan
- Parental Leave entitlements.
- Discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks
- Support of flexible working
- Free onsite parking
If you are, you will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.